Friday, January 8, 2016

I Have Three Blogs and You Can't Stop Me

It's not a challenge, just a fact.

I have three blogs. Each blog was created at different point in space and time. My first blog, which is no longer in existence, was created around 2005, when I had my first child. It was filled with all kinds of mother-ish banter about babies, kids and my newfound existence as a stay at home mom. I deleted it one day in a fit of futility laced emotions and the realization that I had nothing to say that had not been said a thousand times over by a thousand other mommy bloggers. My second blog, Tales from the Reluctant Mom, was launched in January of 2007 and continued on the same path as the first, only with a more diary a day approach. By this point I no longer wanted to communicate with those outside my social circle, but with those friends and family who were not geographically close. My third blog, Buffy Bo Peep, was created to showcase the diaper bags I began sewing in 2008. Now, I have created Sociology Student on the Verge, formerly Hieroglyph Now[1], as part of an assignment for my Sociology class.

Although each of these blogs served a different purpose, they remained centered on the use of online material designed to connect and communicate with various audiences. My subjects changed, as did the modes, but in the end every word, photograph and video was created to relay thoughts and ideas. This blog will be no different. I expect, however, to pose a great many more questions here than what is my norm. In the past I tried to ask as few questions as possible, preferring to provide answers prior to posting. It turns out, I was not only failing to ask the correct questions, but failing to provide correct answers as a result. This time, I am asking all the questions.




[1] Hieroglyph Now was created for the purpose of a class as well, though not for this class. At the time I was studying Art History and was focused on the influences of street art in Egypt. Although this subject is removed academically, it is still centered on communication, and for that reason I have elected to keep the original blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment